Read this page carefully! All the way to the bottom. There are links to forms here
- Please remember to bring your Health Card – we can not see patients without a valid up to date card!
- Bring your mask. YES!!! WE ARE STILL FOLLOWING THE PROVINCIAL MASK MANDATE
- If a patient arrives more than 5 minutes late it generally pushes out whole clinic back for the rest day – if you arrive any later than that and we may reschedule your appointment. Read out late or missed appointment policy
- Wait in your car until 5 minutes before your appointment
- We are not allowing relatives and no excess bags. Nothing is to be left in the waiting room.
Patient MUST sanitize their hands on entering the office (staff will indicate the sanitizer)
No outdoor shoes are allowed in the office Winter or Summer
If you have travelled abroad and returned in the last 5 days you will not get a face to face appointment. You need to ask to change it to a virtual appointment. No exceptions.
If you have been in contact with anybody who has symptoms of covid or has been tested and is awaiting results you MUST NOT COME IN. We care for a vulnerable population and will not take any risks.
Please understand that whilst you will always see Dr Averns or Dr Dyck, you will also be assessed by other members of the team including our Arthritis Society therapists, Rheumatology Fellows (trainees) and Family Medicine Residents – this is how we develop the ability to see new patients sooner. SO YOU ARE MOST LIKELY TO BE INITIALLY ASSESSED BY ANOTHER MEMBER OF THE TEAM, BUT YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE A SPECIALIST ASSESSMENT TOO . If this arrangement is not acceptable to you we would be pleased to help you find an office which suits your preferences.
We get frequent requests from insurance companies, benefits agencies, etc for records of your function and disease activity dating back to previous years. The information in these forms will help you when you need us to do this
THERE ARE FOUR FORMS – YOU ONLY NEED TO FILL OUT THE ONE THAT APPLIES TO YOU
You may be told we need a “BASDAI” to complete some forms to help you get medication
Osteoporosis risk factors Only use this form if you are attending the osteoporosis clinic for the first time (and use the follow up form for repeat visits)
Only fill this form if you are attending Dr Dyck’s osteoporosis clinic.